Monday, December 29, 2008

Voyager

It is a beautiful day, sunny at least. Still rather cold out, making it cold in, but no matter. The sun has risen and life goes ever onward. Many years and many moons and many sunrises later, days that meant promise of one kind have faded, lost to time, but there is yet hope. There is a new wind brewing, a new land on the horizon. Having cast off from a distant shore in search of a promise, I am still searching. Many ships have I passed, all searching too. Sometimes we went on together for awhile, sometimes we parted ways before we'd had a chance to truly meet.
I've nearly grounded on rocky shoals sometimes too, come close to meeting my end before finding my peace. But there is open water ahead. Clear and bright, wind in the sails and who knows what lies beyond. Time will tell.

No comments: