So I have a decided distaste for chain letters, they have always seemed rather silly. This being the internet generation however, the traditional chain letter seems to have gone the way of the dodo. That being said, this is basically just one of the new chain letters, the 'tag and copy' questionnaire. And true, I am not a fan of these either. But so what. I'm kinda doing this, only in that I'm not tagging anyone, so therefore breaking the chain. Besides, if I want to know "interesting" things about you, well if you're my friend I probably already do, and if I don't, then I'll ask. Or not. Depends on my mood. Meh.
1. I'll watch sporting events on tv even when I don't particularly care about either of the teams playing. Only sometimes though, assuming there isn't something better on. Also assuming I'm not doing something more interesting.
2. Generally speaking, I just don't care. It takes a lot of energy to care, so I try not to spend it. Which isn't to say that I don't care about anything, I just care a lot about a few particular people and things.
3. The people I do care about, I will do anything for. (This does not include death for reasons of anger, however, it may include death for reason of injury. Just a warning.)
4. Seasonally affected? Yup, that's me. Clouds, cold, rain, color me generally feeling low. Of course, that doesn't mean I always feel great when the weather is nice. More on that later.
5. I really like reading. Even if I don't do it much.
6. Same goes for running. And hiking. Happens more in the warmer days, much easier to get motivated.
7. Social butterfly? Um, no. I do enjoy getting out, hanging out with people and having a good time. Just don't expect me to be all party-go-lucky.
8. I enjoy being alone. Kind of a lot. Lets me focus, and I actually enjoy the social time much more when I get my balance.
9. When do I write? When I'm in the mood. Which granted isn't nearly as often as I used to. But it is my most passionate endeavor.
10. So I'm tired. That does happen kind of a lot too. All that means right now is that I'm about done.
11. About that seasonal thing. That's not exactly true. Really I'm more chronically depressed. Have been for as long as I can remember. If you didn't know this about me, maybe we're not as close as you might have thought we were. Or maybe I'm just better at dealing with it than most. It doesn't mean I need drugs or therapy, all it means is that for me, it takes more effort to enjoy life. But as I said, I do that. I function, I smile, I laugh. It's really not that big of deal. Life is fun, why shouldn't I be enjoying it? It's worth the effort. Meh. ;)