Thursday, January 24, 2008

Letting go...

So I swear, I do have lots of happy thoughts these days, plenty of happy moments. Just not so many that I write about. I have a happy thought right now in fact, but not one that I am willing to share. Sorry. This is about someone else. Someone that I am desperately trying to get over. She doesn't have a clue I think how much she affected me, how deep my feelings run. I never had the chance to tell her that part. She was gone before I could get it out.
As much as I like to think that I have or at least will move past this, it is actually alot harder than I thought. My world had been opened up in so many ways, and thankfully at least I haven't lost that. I can do this again, still plugging away. All I need now is to figure out how to get over her so I can move on to the next great thing. Any ideas? I heard this line in a movie that you can't fall out of love with someone until you have something else to fall in to. Maybe that's true. Maybe it isn't. I'd like to think that you can have a part of the people that have been in your heart always with you, and still love someone new with every part of your soul. I think this is possible, at least I really need it to be possible.
There is more than one person that has a piece of my heart, and I feel as though their memories are giving me strength for the future, and not holding me back from loving anyone else completely. It is unlikely to me that anyone of consequence in this matter will ever read this, which is why I think I can get away with writing it. I may never be able to tell her how I fell, how I still feel. But maybe this way I can let it out and get on with things. I can't stay here forever. It doesn't get me anywhere. Still have that happy thought by the way. :)

No comments: